Post-Doctoral Researcher - European Identity
Updated: Oct 22, 2021
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher with background in political psychology and/or quantitative political science to join a multidisciplinary team
The Centre for the Politics of Feelings (https://www.politics-of-feelings.com ) and the Institute of Philosophy, School of Advanced Study, University of London and Royal Holloway, University of London, are hiring a Post-doctoral Researcher with background in Political Psychology or Political Science. The researcher will contribute to the development of an interdisciplinary project ‘The (trans)formation of a European sense of solidarity’ funded by the Volkswagen Stiftung (https://www.politics-of-feelings.com/projects ).
This post is suitable for early career researchers with a PhD in Social/Political Psychology or Political Science, with a focus on quantitative, experimental, computational or psychophysiological methods. The post is available from December 1st 2021 or soon thereafter, for a period of 24 months. The post-holder will be part of a multidisciplinary team that includes political science, political communication, anthropology, philosophy and psychology, and they will contribute to the development of on-line or lab-based experiments to probe questions relating to the formation of social identity in a European context and the role that emotions may play in this process.
What we can offer you ?
• Intellectual and financial support to pursue your interests and to work creatively across disciplines to produce internationally exciting research.
• Mentoring by members of our Advisory Board and the Director of the Centre in preparation of your next career steps
• Networking opportunities with a range of academic and non-academic stakeholders
• Leadership and Management Training courses offered by the partnering Institutions
• Annual travel budget for conferences, workshops, dissemination activities and networking
• A stimulating intellectual environment at the School of Advanced Study
Who are we looking for ?
We are looking for candidates who :
• Possess a relevant PhD in a related field of study (Social/Political Psychology or Political Science) , and have sufficient specialist knowledge and methodological skills that reflect the state-of-the-art in their respective disciplines
• Have a track record of excellent quantitative research in their discipline assessed by the quality rather than the quantity of published work
• Have a record of interdisciplinary interests and/or research
• Can develop and lead independently on research projects and proposals
• Fluency in one or more languages other than English is advantageous
How to apply? Please visit this site : https://www.jobs.london.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?isPreview=Yes&jobid=1930#
Applications must contain the following:
1. Completed online application form
2. Motivational cover letter, highlighting, in particular, what you can bring to, and expect from this role (maximum 2 pages)
3. CV (maximum 4 pages) that includes education, professional experience, publication list, dissemination activities, interdisciplinary track record (if applicable).
Centre for the Politics of Feelings, Senate House, University of London
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application and CV (by clicking ‘apply for job’ at the bottom of this page) before the closing date at midnight on 8th November 2020.